Summer may be officially winding down, however there are still many BBQs ahead, so you need your grill in tip top shape. Here’s some of the most common gas grill problems and how to fix them!
1. Excess Smoke: If your grill is releasing an unusual amount of smoke when you turn it on, there may be an accumulation of grease at the bottom that needs to be cleaned. Use a strong grill brush to give it a proper cleaning and make sure to preheat it for fifteen minutes before using it again.
2. Ignition Problems: If your igniters aren’t producing any flames, there could be a variety of problems. If your ignition is independent of the body of the grill, then you may have a malfunctioning button or faulty wiring and the parts will have to be replaced. Otherwise, check to see if the igniter is clogged or has any blockages. The wiring and switches may have to be replaced if all else fails.
3. Uneven Heat: Grills with uneven heating can cause poorly cooked meals and annoyance. Make sure the holes along your burners are free from any residue. A good scrub with a grill brush should do the trick.
4. Orange-Yellow Flames: If you are seeing orange-yellow flames coming from your grill, there may be a problem with the control valves or venturi tubes. To fix this, locate the adjustment screw and turn your grill to low. Then, loosen the screw until the flame has a bluish tint. Afterwards, make sure to turn off the gas and tighten the venturi tube screw.
5. Low Flame, Low Temperature: When your grill isn’t reaching high enough temperatures, there could be a problem with the fuel line regulator. Fixing the regulator involves disconnecting the gas line and turning all control valves to high for one minute.
If you live in Delaware or Pennsylvania and find yourself in need of a professional realtor skilled at buying, selling and negotiating real estate the Scott Farnan Team at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Fox & Roach REALTORS® is here to help. The Farnan team can answer questions on staging and closing to home inspections and what repairs are required to sell, The Scott Farnan Team offers clients over 25-years of real estate and client services experience, all with the indelible backing of Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, a perennial leader, Nation-wide, in home and commercial real estate. The Farnan team is prepared to guide you through the buying and/or selling process, connect you with trusted partners and aim to reducing the levels of stress that typically come with buying and selling a home. Contact us today to get started or search our current listings.