If you own a home, there was certainly a lot that went into your decision to buy rather than continue to rent. Now you’re enjoying all the advantages of homeownership—here are the top five.
1. Building wealth: When you own a home, you have an asset that will likely increase in value over time. It provides great security, and the opportunity to essentially live “rent-free” in your retirement years when the home is paid off.
2. Freedom to make it your own: Landlords can be strict about customizing rental properties. Most don’t even allow their tenants to paint. But when you own a home, the possibilities are endless. Get rid of a wall, or paint it any color you like. It’s your property.
3. Building equity: Every mortgage payment your make, and every improvement you make on the home, is putting money back into your pocket. Unlike with renting, owning a home gives you more than just a place to live. You can use your home equity to get loans and even cash for emergencies.
4. More freedom and stability: Studies show that homeowners have a better sense of pride and security than renters. When you relax in your own home, you know it’s the result of hard work and planning, and that you have the freedom to change it as you wish.
5. *Tax advantages: Homeowners can deduct the interest paid on home loans and property taxes—that’s a big break that comes up every April 15.*
If you live in Delaware or Pennsylvania and find yourself in need of more living space for your family the Scott Farnan Team at Patterson Schwartz is here to help. The Farnan team can answer questions on staging and closing to home inspections and what repairs are required to sell, The Scott Farnan Team offers clients over 25-years of real estate and client services experience, all with the indelible backing of Patterson-Schwartz, Delaware's largest independent REALTOR® and leader in the Mid-Atlantic region. The Farnan team is prepared to guide you through the buying/selling process, connect you with trusted partners and aim to reducing the levels of stress that typically come with buying and selling a home. Contact us today to get started or search our current listings.